Saturday, December 22, 2007

#2 - Let June Decide


#2:
Artist: Reilly
Album: Let June Decide
Released: October 2007

The hardest decision I had to make in this countdown was deciding which of my two finalists should be number one. If you were around my blog a few months ago you would have seen my lengthier review of Let June Decide just a week or two after it release in which I sung its praises to no end, and the album has since continued to wow me. You can check out that review and a sampling of John Reilly’s superb lyrical ability here, but allow me to say that after these months of fairly consistent listening, the album has not lost its appeal for me. I still love the acoustic rock sound with the characteristic violin accompaniment and John’s passionate and adaptable voice. As I wrote previously, it is the incredible lyrics which stand out as a highlight of the album, but musically each song is not only enjoyable to listen to but excellently composed and produced. I would be hard-pressed to name an album which so poetically yet accurately directs my mind toward God and yet still boasts musical talent on an equal level. Reilly and Let June Decide are certainly among the greatest additions to my music library in a long time.