Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Coming Soon: The Best 7 of 2007

Hello friends -- it is very possible that I may begin writing for the blog again now that I am in the midst of winter break, but for the next week or so (I give myself the allowance to miss a day or two) I will be counting down what I consider to have been the seven best albums to be released in the year 2007. It has been a good year for music. I want to make the disclaimer here at the start that I do not claim to have heard all the great music to come out this year. In fact, my music spending budget has been cut quite drastically as of late, and I am sure to have missed out on some fantastic albums. I apologize for this incompleteness. All the same, I love to talk about music and I am excited to pass along those albums which I have indeed heard and feel obliged to recommend to you. Most of the albums are Christian albums; this is not because I think Christian music is the only music worth listening to. Rather the contrary, I find the lack of decent Christian music disheartening at times. And yet, when good ones do come around, they are such treasures that I find them most worth my time and money, and therefore most worth passing on to you. Thoughts and opinions are always welcome. Enjoy!