Friday, October 12, 2007

Run

"Run"
Let June Decide
Reilly

I, I’ve got a lot of faith in You
I would never stray from You
I’ve got all my hope in You
Cause it’s bright, it’s bright outside
But as soon as the darkness comes
And as soon as the teardrops fall
I run

I, I’ve got a lot to learn from You
My heart, make it yearn for You
I get all I need from You
If only my soul would live like this were true
Cause as soon as the darkness comes
And as soon as the teardrops fall
I run

I, I want to give my life to You
Sacrifice all my will to You
I want to walk this walk with You
I know in my soul, I’ll be better off when I do
So as soon as the darkness comes
And as soon as the teardrops fall

I’ll run to You, I’ll run to You
I’ll run to You, my God, my King
I’ll run to You, I’ll run to You
I’ll run to You, my Savior
I’ll run to You, I’ll run to You
And I’ll never stop until I get to You
I’ll run to You, I’ll run to You
I’ll run as soon as the darkness comes
And as soon as the teardrops fall
I’ll run

I have little to say. This beautiful song speaks for me. I heard it last night and as I listened my soul resonated with each word. I know all of these things about God, and yet I run away from Him instead of to Him and His goodness. I pray that I want to yearn for Him and in the next moment I am looking inward and allowing the darkness to weigh me down. I have this great and burning desire to trust, but so quickly it turns to doubt -- to prideful disregard for the perfect plan of God. Help me run to You, Father. Help me run to You, my God, my King.