Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Moment to Breathe?

Okay, so you haven't heard from me in a little while because this is quite possibly the busiest schedule I have ever before lived out, and I just don't know how to find time. Actually, I would be able to find it if any spare existed, but alas it does not. I will try to keep updating a little bit each day but I doubt that I will get to complete any of my lecture recaps as I had hoped -- that will have to wait until next week I think. I have not been getting much sleep, and with no time for naps I am nearing exhaustion, but regardless I am going to take a few minutes to update here before bed.

Nathan Sasser's lecture on metaphysics was one of the coolest things I have ever heard, and he came in close second to himself tonight with his lecture on Epistlemology, including a case study on Rene Descartes which I found most absolutely fascinating. I am looking forward to reading further material on both topics when I get home, as I am sure there is far more that Nathan was not able to cover in a one-session lecture.

In more mundane news, we lost our volleyball game today, but that was to be mostly expected. I have high expectations for ultimate frisbee tomorrow. In better news, we had some great games of Dutch Blitz tonight.

I have been particularly amazed by the incredible intelligence of the other Clash attendees. I am in the company of much wiser 17-20 year olds than myself. After most sessions the lecturer opens up the floor for Q&A, and some people are asking questions that would never have crossed my mind -- intelligent questions that make even the lecturer pause and think sometimes.

Most of all, I am so grateful to be here, and even though day two is now over, I can't really get over how incredibly cool this whole experience is and how blessed I am to be a part of it. I have no doubt that this week is going to stand out as a highlight of my life probably for the rest of it I have yet to live. I am particuarly excited about the abundance of friendships that I am building, and I know are also being formed all across the conference. I can't wait to see what happens from here.

And now I must sleep, for 6:30 comes sooner than I could hope. I think Stepheno is already asleep despite the incessant drone of my typing. Here is a picture of Stepheno and Aaron in the back seat of my car on the drive up from Virginia Beach: